Here is a modified version of a joke I received today. I had to share.
What happens if an insect falls in a cup of coffee?
The British will throw the cup into the street and leave the coffee shop for good.
The American will get the insect out and drink the coffee.
The Chinese will eat the insect and drink the coffee.
The French will order a new cup, refuse to pay the bill, but will still drink the first cup (and then brag forever about the free 2 cups of coffee he got that day)
The Arab will probably not even notice it since he is used to it from being at Arab coffee shops
The Israeli will:
(1) Sell the coffee to the American and the insect to the Chinese.
(2) Cry on all media channels that he feels insecure and threatened.
(3) Accuse the Palestinians, Hezbollah, Hamas, Syria, Iran and the Islamic world of using germ-weapons.
(4) Keep on crying about the shop owner being anti-Israel and a pro-Palestinian terrorist sympathizer.
(5) Ask the Palestinian President to stop planting insects in the cups of coffee.
(6) Re-occupy the West Bank, Gaza Strip, build a "museum of tolerance" on top of Muslim cemeteries to educate them about tolerance, and ban Muslim males from praying at Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem to ensure that no insects are secretly collected for such illegal use.
(7) Demolish houses, confiscate lands, cut water and electricity from Palestinian houses and randomly detain Palestinians without charges, enforce a complete siege, install an apartheid wall, set-up check points to search and humiliate every Palestinian, and throw illegal White Phosphorous bombs on Palestinian neighborhoods to teach them a lesson (oh wait, they already do all of that)
(8) Ask the United States Congress for urgent military support and a loan of one million dollars (which never gets paid) in order to buy a new cup of coffee and to treat all those Israelis shocked by this incident... (of course, our Congress will gladly indulge)
(9) Ask the United Nations to punish the coffee-shop owner by making him offer free coffee to him till the end of the century.
(10) Last but not least, accuse the whole world to be standing still, not even sympathizing with the Israeli Nation, and then, in protest, withdraw from the World Conference on Racism in Durban.
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hussam has been a lifelong human rights activist who is passionate about promoting democratic societies, in the US and worldwide, in which all people, including immigrants, workers, minorities, and the poor enjoy freedom, justice, economic justice, respect, and equality. Mr. Ayloush frequently lectures on Islam, media relations, civil rights, hate crimes and international affairs. He has consistently appeared in local, national, and international media. Full biography at: http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2006/08/biography-of-hussam-ayloush.html