About Me

My photo
Hussam has been a lifelong human rights activist who is passionate about promoting democratic societies, in the US and worldwide, in which all people, including immigrants, workers, minorities, and the poor enjoy freedom, justice, economic justice, respect, and equality. Mr. Ayloush frequently lectures on Islam, media relations, civil rights, hate crimes and international affairs. He has consistently appeared in local, national, and international media. Full biography at: http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2006/08/biography-of-hussam-ayloush.html

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I confess, it is much easier to be a father than a mother!

Due to the early delivery, Arwa and the baby (Ali) are still in the hospital.
Ali is under medical observation and insha-Allah will be soon home.

I can't wait until Arwa is back home from the hospital too. I am going crazy playing her role at home. I have to admit, it is much easier being a father than a mother. No wonder Allah (God) has placed Paradise under the feet of mothers as a reward for their patience and tireless service for their children and family.

Here is what my typical day included:

- Cooking meals for the diver taste of each kid

- Doing the dishes

- Changing diapers for Safiyya (not the favorite item)

- Filling bottles with milk, juice, water, ... (leading to more diaper changing)

- Dropping off and picking up Aisha from school (waiting in looooong lines; someone has to solve this problem)

- Coordinating house cleaning up time for all the kids (good luck in that!!)

- Visiting Arwa and Ali in the hospital (then dealing with Safiyya running around the patients and doctors)

- Taking calls from the dozens of well wishers, friends and family. (Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the love, but it still takes time)

- Checking urgent work emails and calls (in 10 days, we have two important events, the CAIR-LA banquet and a major election!)

- Shopping for food (Man, I had no idea we consume so much food)

- Going over school stuff with Aisha and convincing the kids to go to be early

- Of course, I am not even listing all the things that went wrong, like the time I forgot the house key inside the house after we left. Or the time I took Safiyya without her shoes to visit at the hospital (could not come back to get the shoes because I did not have the key! Luckily we were able to take Arwa's key).

I am just going crazy. There is no way to catch up.

I am not sure how Arwa, and all mothers, do it every day. I am impressed. And I though my job was difficult. My day job is a piece of cake compared to being a full time mother.

If you don't believe me, try giving your wife a few days break and run the show with kids and the house.

No comments: