About Me

My photo
Hussam has been a lifelong human rights activist who is passionate about promoting democratic societies, in the US and worldwide, in which all people, including immigrants, workers, minorities, and the poor enjoy freedom, justice, economic justice, respect, and equality. Mr. Ayloush frequently lectures on Islam, media relations, civil rights, hate crimes and international affairs. He has consistently appeared in local, national, and international media. Full biography at: http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2006/08/biography-of-hussam-ayloush.html

Monday, October 27, 2008

Kahanist Joe Kaufman wants to set the record straight

In response to a blog post that I wrote in Septemeber, anti-Muslim bigot Joe Kaufman sent me a response. The blog post he is replying to is:

Kahanist Joe Kaufman Slimes Muslim Kids
http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2008/09/kahanist-joe-kaufman-slimes-muslim-kids.html

In his message, Kaufman asserts:
"This article is a lie. I have never been a follower of Meir Kahane. I had a link on my old personal political site to kahane.org a long time ago. I pulled down the link and issued a statement on the site apologizing for having the link there. I also wrote an article about Kahane's death. That's it..."

That's it?? Kaufman writes an article praising extremist Rabbi Meir Kahane and his anti-Arab racism, and all he can say is "that's it"? What's more to do short of joining his Jewish Defense League (designated as a terrorist group by the US) or his Kach Party in Israel (even Israel banned it and labeled it an anti-Arab racist party) and participate in its terrorist activities in person?

I am sorry Mr. Kaufman, praising racist Kahane in an article and providing a direct link to his website grants you the title of a Kahanist. Hey, don't blame me for it. The Italian proverb says:

"Those who sleep with dogs will rise with fleas."

No comments: