About Me

My photo
Hussam has been a lifelong human rights activist who is passionate about promoting democratic societies, in the US and worldwide, in which all people, including immigrants, workers, minorities, and the poor enjoy freedom, justice, economic justice, respect, and equality. Mr. Ayloush frequently lectures on Islam, media relations, civil rights, hate crimes and international affairs. He has consistently appeared in local, national, and international media. Full biography at: http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2006/08/biography-of-hussam-ayloush.html

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

O My Lord Send Peace and Blessings Upon Your Beloved Prophet Muhammad

This Nasheed (song) is based on a poem, known as the Qasida Al-Burda, written by a Sufi poet in the 13th century AD.

What is better than praising our Creator and thanking Him for sending all those prophets and messengers to us for guidance.

All praises are owed to Allah for choosing Abraham (Ibrahim), Joseph (Yusuf), Moses (Musa), Jesus (Issa), and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), among many others, to teach us to be humble servants of Allah, compassionate, merciful, just, peaceful, loving, and forgiving.

This was not so random. As I was enjoying the birth of my new son Ali, I wanted to be thankful to Allah for my loving family and friends.

I then remembered that I am even more thankful that Allah has blessed me to follow and love Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) more than anyone else, including myself.

I can't imagine what kind of a person I owuld be without Prophet Muhammad.

Indeed, O my Lord send peace and blessings upon your beloved Prophet Muhammad.

No comments: